Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The boy who lounges

Not yet 6 months old, (how times flies...) he is getting his third tooth. The top left tooth is coming in with a vengeance. It's a red, swollen bump that I can only imagine probably throbs with angry pain. It's not fair! These poor, innocent babes don't yet have the ability to deal with the hurt caused by hard jagged teeth pushing through their soft gums. The great debate around these parts is whether to offer some relief using infant Tylenol or not. I am all for offering comfort with a little squirt here and there. Others.... not so much. In all fairness, he is handling this round of teething far better than the first time. What a hero!
Last Sunday morning, while lounging in bed, he became calm and got a soulful look in his eyes. He was laying with daddy, and just resting his head, looking like he had been lounging professionally all his little life.



Since our camera has been laying readily available within arms reach these days, here are the photos I snapped. My two handsome men. Aren't they just gorgeous!? Yes, love definitely lives here. How blessed I am to have such a life filled with love!

"Do you think I'm cute Mommy?"

.... Ummm, in a word, YES!!! I seriously want to eat this child up. How dare he be this cute all day long? His little personality and the smiles he flashes all day long don't help his cause. He is getting munched on and kissed all over whether he likes it or not. It's how we fill our days together. The best part? He can't complain or tell me to stop yet! Ha!I'm definitely getting my fill before getting mommy kisses isn't cool or becomes "stuff for babies". There is no remedy for love but to love more.

Henry David Thoreau

....I couldn't agree more.

3 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and subscribing! Your baby Milan 9 love that name!) is adorable!! and yes, I think that sweater is awesome!

alexox

Jennifer Beason said...

I voted thumps up on the sweater too, very cute! - Although the litle boy wearing it is even CUTER!!! :)

krista zee said...

wow, WHAT A CUTIE, Sasha!

Krista Z