Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blogged by: New Mommy (aka Danielle)
So this is it. Motherhood. I can't believe it's here- after 10 long months. Did you know that saying pregnancy is only 9 months is kind of a lie? It's true. No one gives birth on the 1st day of the 9th month. Pregnancy lasts until the end of the 9th month and sometimes if you are overdue, into the 10th month!

It's hard to swallow that one only has 9-10 months to physically, emotionally and mentally prepare for the responsibilities of being a parent. I doubt there is much preparation for the journey of parenthood, which inevitably will test your every strength beginning from the very first moment, lasting the rest of your life. You can't just "log hours" into a training regime for something like this.

I would like to say that from Milan's conception right through to his birth, the experience was absolute perfection. My stay at the hospital was complimented by the most caring, knowledgeable professionals who made a difference in bringing our son into the world. I don't know how many nurses receive post-birthing thank you notes, but I have already filled out 3 cards for a few special individuals in the Maternity Ward.

I also feel compelled to note that Sasha has been my statue throughout this beautiful journey. It was incredible to see him coach me through the birth, so strong, loving and seemingly unfazed by the frenzy of delivering a child. It was even more incredible to watch him hold his son, his son, for the first time with awe and admiration. As I sit here tonight reflecting on my life at this moment, I feel even more strongly then ever that I was privileged enough to meet my soul mate, marry him and to father his perfect little child. I wish this upon every soul on the earth.

Above, Sash mentioned our sincere thanks to everyone who has expressed enthusiasm towards our momentous arrival, but I would like to emphasis our sincere thanks to everyone as well. It can be overwhelming to realize the extent that people really do care.

So, to you, I thank you. You've made such a wonderful difference. Stay tuned!

No comments: