Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Birthday Bash countown!

Hello friends!

Every one's favorite little boy is in bed for the night now and as I have been known to do once in a while, I'm sitting here reflecting on a few things.

Firstly, the news is out about our pregnancy. King Milan will reign over a sibling until said wee tot can end the inevitable domination.

I say it in such a way because I'm almost certain Milan will continue to rule our castle for quite some time based on his ever-blossoming personality.

In fewer words: This. Child. Is. On. A. Roll.

He seems unstoppable with his energy and smiles, not leaving one single vacuum-line untouched, spreading toys and other inanimate objects alike all over the house.


His mobility has opened wonderful doors of imagination, creation and curious investigation. Hence Mommy getting a taste of the medicine she once bestowed on her own parents so many years ago.

Yes, my friends, believe it or not, I was once a child who was just into everything, given the right opportunity. In the mere blink of an eye, it was rumoured that I would just disappear and get into things pretty little girls should not be getting into...

Now it's 2009 and the little rug-rat that used to be Danielle lives again in our King Milan, who in the turn just of a few ca lander days will become 1 year old.

It seems like just last month that I was sitting up in the middle of the night starting the whole blog, baby still in utero.

Last night, (Bless Sasha's tolerant, golden heart) I was overcome with pregnancy-related hormones and shed a few tears. It was Robert Munch's "I Love You Forever" children's book that set me off. For those of you who haven't read the book, try and get your hands on it at some point, it's quite touching. Those who have read it will understand I'm sure.

So there I was crying away while Milan laughed at me. Literally. He thought it was funny! I just couldn't get over the fact that almost a year has passed and soon we will celebrate and watch him smash birthday cake all over his face the way 1-year-old's do. He's growing up!

Seeing who he is turning into has been such an amazing journey. He has a blessedly beautiful personality. He's so quick to smile, so confident, curious, clever, and a cheeky little bugger with a sense of humour to boot. He is macho and rough'n'tumble. Many times throughout the day he'll lose his footing and take a spill, but he just pops right back up, untouched, unfazed. Amazing. We just wait for him to start crying sometimes, but we're always impressed when he just brushes it off and keeps going.

Milan also has a sensitive side. There are periods through the day where he will stop playing and come in for a hug or quick cuddle, then off he goes back at whatever has his attention for the moment. It swells my heart to watch him drift to sleep at night. He has such soft smooth skin and the longest eyelashes ever.


Anyhoo - before I get myself all emotional again, we are having quite the party here at the house on Sunday. The invites are sent, the menu planned, decorations purchased, it looks like it's going to be a nice day out too!

I think last night I was partially emotional because this is the last birthday we will get to spend with Milan all alone before "baby makes 2". We've come to realize we need to take extra attention to cherish the moments we have alone, as a family of 3 before we set off on a new exciting journey full of love as a family of 4.

Here are a few photos that Daddy took yesterday of the little King.

He is so beautiful.




To be in your child's memories tomorrow, be in his life today.

Anonymous

No comments: