Tuesday, July 22, 2008

four oh eight am

Well, here I am at (you guessed it) 4:08am. I am 37 weeks pregnant and have woken up for another late night potty break. Becoming increasingly usual, after the 2nd potty break I can't get back to sleep. So I surf. And surf some more.

Out of late night boredom, optimism and curiosity, I decided to start this Blog to try and journal some of the thoughts and feelings I have and may have about the "Big Adventure" which lies right around the corner for Sasha and myself.

So far, I feel the best during the day, and the most uncomfortable at night. Sometimes at night I get frustrated because I feel so heavy and every little movement seems amplified by an additional 55lbs of weight (or better as the water retention fairy has arrived). There are now 6 pillows on the bed, a wedge pillow that is getting flatter by the day and 3 blankets all eager to offer comfort in some way or another-which they do. But they also can make me feel suffocated and anxious. Throw in a husband who is sleeping like an innocent baby on Cloud 9 and a cat who dominates sections of the bed like a 200 lb man and I start to feel like I want to rip my hair out. 'Lil Milan also likes to wake up around this time too... little elbows and feet sticking out at all angles under my ribs all the way down to the Netherlands. Hmmm, could this be a pattern already in the making? A gentle whiff of what lies ahead at other 4:08 am's?

I think it will be fun to update this blog-spot with photos and ramblings once the baby comes. Hopefully we can attract friends and family, who might be able to keep closer despite the distance with some.

So for now, I bid you Lako Noche--good night!!

No comments: